Intellectual property is the foundation for the knowledge economy of the 21st Century. Individual s, Organizations and Countries of the world now place a greater reliance on building and developing intellectual assets in the form of Patents, Trademarks, Industrial Designs, Copyright, than at any other time in history.
The development of Intellectual Property in Nigeria has a checkered history and a large section of the population do not know what intellectual property rights are or what they entail. The Legal profession is not immune as a very large percentile of members of the legal profession have had little or nil exposure to intellectual property matters, in fact, very few Nigerian faculties of law teach Intellectual Property as a course at undergraduate level and an even fewer number teach IP at the post graduate level.
WHO WE ARE
IPLAN is the frontline association of lawyers focusing on intellectual property issues of both national and international impact. IPLAN is constituted by lawyers, judges, policy makers, academics, practitioners and Law Students involved directly or indirectly in the practice of patent, industrial design, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and unfair competition law; as well as other fields of law affecting intellectual property.
To contribute to the development of intellectual property law, practice and policy
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
· Membership listing on IPLAN website
· Free subscription to quarterly newsletter
· Discount on Journals and Publications
· Access to information on Upcoming Continuing Legal Education sessions;
· Access to jobs via the Career Center;
· Access to legislative and regulatory updates.
· Opportunities to network locally and internationally with other IP practitioners on the bench and the bar.
· Access to IPLAN online IP Library and digital research facility from anywhere in the world.
· IP Mentorship Program for Young Lawyers
· Access to discounts on IP Training, Scholarships and Study Loans
· Participation in Annual Moot Court competitions
· Essay Competitions
· IP Law Office Internship and Pupilage placement
IP Administration Committee
Law Reform Committee
AD HOC COMMITTEES
Moot Court LOC
Annual Lecture LOC